While for most, Christmas is a time of joy, happiness and celebration - and for some, it is a season which just further highlights challenges, setbacks and disappointments.
FLV's Christmas Hamper Initiative is an outreach for the less fortunate in Langley City from all walks of life - with the goal of providing hampers of food & gifts in order to make Christmas season a little brighter and lighter - and most importantly let them know that someone cares!
With your generosity and donations, a sizeable grocery hamper with cupboard staples, fresh produce and small gifts will be provided to these families and individuals.
1) Make a donation and contribute to making a difference for someone.
- Credit Card - Click HERE
- Cash can dropped off in person to the address below.
- Cheques can be dropped off OR mailed to:
Friends Langley Vineyard
5708 Glover Road
Lanlgey, BC V3A 4H8
2) Collect Hamper items and drop off at Friends Langley Vineyard.
(Open between the hours of 9am - 4pm. Call 604-530.8463 for info)
HAMPER DONATION SUGGESTIONS:
Non-perishable food items
- 2 lb Pasta, 1lb rice, peanut butter, honey, jam, juice , coffee, tea
- Canned: beans, vegetables, fruit, tuna, salmon, ham , chicken, soup , Cereal, crackers
- Cheese, eggs, butter, fresh fruit & veggies, fresh or frozen meat, sandwich meat
- Pop / Sparkling Juice, Chocolates, Dried Fruits, Chips, Pretzels
- Dish soap, laundry soap, Toothpaste, shampoo, hand soap, personal grooming / toiletries
- Grocery & food gift cards, Christmas candies
NOTE: anything perishable will have to be brought just in time for giving the hampers away as we do not have the means to provide cold storage for all the Hampers.
3) Collect gift items for children ages birth – 12.
There is a need for mall or store gift cards for youth ages 13-17 as well.
- New unwrapped children’s toys & gifts
** Please no alcohol, homemade or home canned food items, expired or opened packages **
* Nov - Dec 19th - Collect food, toys & Hamper items
* Sunday, Dec 15th - Celebrate God's goodness & Bless
* Friday, Dec 20th - Hampers prepared between
9am - 4pm
* Saturday, Dec 21st - Hamper pick-up day (9am - 1pm)
INTERESTED IN SERVING or volunteering?
For more detailed information e-mail christmas OR
call Leith at 604-530-8463 - Option 5